I recently celebrated my 9 year anniversary with my beau, Mister Man. We haven’t taken “the plunge”, but I feel married in my heart…just no walk down the aisle…yet.
It’s funny to be celebrating a near decade together because, well… you see….Mister Man was supposed to be an Oat. Something you sow, enjoy, and then move along.
- I had finally pulled the plug on my marriage after being separated for 6 years.
- My ex husband was the only man I had ever had sex with up to my decision to explore my feminine wiles.
- I had just gotten out there again and had only one “Notch on my bedpost”.
- Mister Man is 14 years younger than me.
- I had no intention of starting another long term relationship.
What is the old saying…”Life is what happens when you’re busy making plans”? That saying could not be more true for me. He stole my heart. I had several rebuttals lined up for his argument in favor of love and he shot them down…one by one. I was terrified and he made me feel safe. The look in his eyes told me I was the most beautiful girl in the world and he told me so…often.
So here we are, nine years later. I could tell you it’s been sheer bliss…but that would be a lie. There have been some terribly rocky times. Sometimes I want to plant him, walk away and go check out the corn. But I love him and I won’t let any “boweavels” keep me from my lovely oat.
P.S. I’ve always thought we look a bit like Kermit and Miss Piggy. He’s so cute and skinny and I am Glamorous and plump! 😉